Tuesday, March 24, 2009

28 January 2009: God Is an Astronaut + i concur - Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen, London, England, UK

It was on a typical Wednesday evening in the big smoke of London town. The usual cold, wet and miserable weather playing havoc with ones hair and make-up. Something was certainly in the air. A mixture of happy excitement and tension. Tension due to finding myself running late to a venue 5 minutes walk from my gaff. Excitement because I was about to go see God is an Astronaut.

After the said 5 minutes walk, wearing some killer boots which I shall incinerate later, I got to the venue:Hoxton Bar and Kitchen. The usual bouncer at the door recognized me at once and we exchanged pleasantries before going into this good old trusted venue which hasn’t changed much since it opened and with all due respect it needs some updating and better lighting. It is after all used by the "happening" crowd who wants to be seen and...[more]

No comments: